About Arbortext Editor
Control all the Content and Processes that Drive Product Development
PTC Arbortext Editor, the industry’s most adopted XML authoring software, helps you create contextual, up-to-date, product-centric content.
Order or Request a Quote
Download Product Information
Editing with Arbortext & Windchill Service Information Manager
Key Benefits of Arbortext Editor
Create High-Quality, Media-Neutral Product and Service Content
- Leverage content across multiple media formats to meet the needs of various organizations and end-users
- Automate the production process through outof-the-box integration with Windchill, a leading Content Management System
- Accelerate solution deployment and management with the industry’s only fully integrated, end-to-end dynamic publishing solution
Improve Product and Service Information Accuracy
- Leverage up-to-date engineering data and maintain associativity throughout the authoring process to reduce product and service information inconsistencies
- Mark any portion of content for a specific purpose or audience, to produce information that meets the specific needs of each individual
- Minimize manual effort required to produce and deliver product and service information
Increase Author Productivity
- Create reusable XML component-based content
- Free authors from manually designing content by leveraging Arbortext’s automatic formatting capabilities
- Reuse information easily by linking content to its original source instead of copying and pasting
- Eliminate the time wasted applying the same changes to multiple copies of the same information
- Reduce the cost of updating information
Key Features of Arbortext Editor
- Re-use of content across multiple media formats.
- Robust table handling, including table borders support and table customization.
- Ability to perform advanced searches, including find and replace attributes.
- Extensive language support for spell checking.
- Integrated functionality for content management.
- Extensive preferences to allow each user a personal working environment.
- Leverage an industry standard.
- Identify business rules and help authors recognize user errors.
COMPREHENSIVE SUPPORT FOR DITA
- Support for the latest DITA 1.3 specification.
- Highly versatile DITA Resource Manager provides quick access to Windchill content.
- Support for key references to simplify working with links.
- Preview images before inserting into content.
- Fast, simple authoring of maps and topics.
STRUCTURED EDITOR WITH REAL-TIME VALIDATION
- Familiar, intuitive user interface with common word-processing capabilities, such as change tracking, drag-and-drop and keyboard macros.
- Simple copy/paste from MS Word® and MSExcel.
INTERACTIVE AND ILLUSTRATIVE CONTENT
- Incorporate intelligent graphics into any type of bcontent, including product and service information.
- Easily link to different views stored within an intelligent graphic.
- Support for creation and publishing of hotspot links.
- Embed animations and illustrations – 2D, 3D, animations or mixed – to support Web, interactive and page-based content.
DYNAMIC CONTENT SUPPORT
- Produce customized publications using conditional text for specific audiences from a master document.
- Provide over 25 languages of content, character sets and spelling dictionaries.
STANDARDS SUPPORT, WITH NATIVE SUPPORT FOR XML
- Robust standards support, including XML, SGML, XSL, XML Schema, Schematrons, XPath, XInclude, DOM and other next-generation web standards for sharing content, data and applications.
- Supports OASIS, CALS, HTML and Arbortext table models.
- Technical Information Application.
- Toolkit for Aerospace & Defense Specification S1000D available separately.
HIGHLY CONFIGURABLE AND CUSTOMIZABLE
- Create and customize dialogs and toolbars through XML configuration files and embedded ActiveX controls.
- Access majority of Arbortext Editor’s capabilities using its APIs either directly or through COM.
BROADEN ARBORTEXT EDITOR USAGE
- Integrated with Arbortext IsoView® and Creo®View.
- Embed Arbortext Editor as an ActiveX control in a browser or install as a stand-alone client application.
- Launch Arbortext Editor directly within Windchill for fast XML authoring and management.
- Simpler deployment of Arbortext Editor across the enterprise with the use of its deployment directory and its compact version, which offers a smaller install footprint for situations where network bandwidth is important.
- Same licensing utility used across all PTC software, to allow user flexibility with software licensing configurations.
- Licenses available for use on any machine within a network.