About Windchill Supplier Management
Manage, analyze and communicate supply chain and compliance-related information
Most manufacturing companies today are facing a major hurdle in selecting the optimal supplier and manufacturer for products that involve mulitiple lines, programs, and geographies. Making the wrong choice can have huge implications in product cost and time-to-market.
Order or Request a Quote
Download Product Information
Windchill Supplier Management from PTC establishes a key link between your design and downstream functions such as procurement, sourcing, and manufacturing. The result: designers have instant access to critical supply chain and compliance information during the component selection process, which means better, more cost-effective decisions—right from the outset of the development process.
- Re-use preferred parts for new designs, optimized by geography, product line, program, and department
- Secure volume pricing by leveraging preferred suppliers
- Cut product costs by eliminating ineffective, uncompetitive suppliers
- Lower inventory and costs by uncovering and eliminating hidden part duplication
- Reduce supplier maintenance costs by eliminating redundant suppliers
- Speed product development via optimal use of global outsourcing partners
- Halt the duplication of design effort by re-using existing designs
- Eliminate the use of “hard to get” or obsolete commercial parts in new designs
- Prevent errors and redesigns by involving suppliers early in the design process
- Compress schedules by using only preferred manufacturers and vendors with good track records
- Improve product quality by re-using known-quality parts and by managing part preferences
- Minimize design and manufacturing errors by using approved suppliers and manufacturers
- Decrease design errors by establishing a standardized Manufacturing Change Order process with outsourcing partners
- Reduce outsourced product errors both by markup and by applying changes to manufacturer parts, vendor parts, and preferences
APPROVED MANUFACTURER AND VENDOR LISTS (AML/AVL)
- Define one or more manufacturer parts that can be used for a company’s internal part.
- Define one or more vendor parts that can be used for a company’s internal part.
DEFINE AND CLASSIFY MANUFACTURER AND VENDOR PARTS
- Define detailed functional characteristics.
- List hazardous material content.
- Identify cost and availability.
- Record lifecycle risk information.
- Include all associated documents.
- Assign part preferences based on unlimited contexts such as product line, location or function.
- Automatically calculate a sourcing grade for an internal part, based on an analysis of its approved manufacturer list.
AML/AVL DEFINITION AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Markup and apply changes to manufacturer and vendor parts.
- Create new designs using a standardized New Part Introduction process.
- Make design changes using a standardized Manufacturing Change Order process.
DEFINE MANUFACTURERS AND VENDORS
- Manage statuses of Manufacturers and Vendors (i.e., approved, pending, obsolete).
- Provide your organization with detailed contact information, status, and associated documents.
DEFINE DEFAULT SUPPLIER PREFERENCES
- Identify default preferences based on part classification and context.
- Automatically update your supplier preference list using configurable rules.
- Develop predefined reports on supplier metrics.