POWERFUL CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- Manage the evolution of configurations over time using out-of-the-box lifecycle templates that can be modified and reused.
- Create and manage multiple product structure views such as “As-Designed” and “As-Planned”.
- Establish rules for interchangeability, including the use of alternates and substitutes.
- Create new part numbers for significant changes, while maintaining existing numbers for minor changes using revision/iteration levels.
- Utilize date, lot, product or component serial number effectivity methods.
OUT-OF-THE-BOX, BEST-PRACTICE CHANGE MANAGEMENT PROCESS
- Create, manage, route and track problem reports, change requests, and change notices, using customer-defined terms and templates.
- Apply simple procedures for simple changes and mass changes, and apply thorough procedures for high-impact changes; preview content for print, PDF and Web media.
- Use the online dashboard to report trends in volume, severity and cycle time of changes.
- Manage deviations and waivers with the manufacturing team.
COMPREHENSIVE PRODUCT CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Securely vault all product data using check-in/check out, history, search and access control.
- Track, store and share multiple versions/iterations of product structures, product definition data, Creo models and drawings, and (optionally) other MCAD and ECAD systems, including AutoCAD®, CADDS ® 5, CATIA®, SolidWorks®, Unigraphics®‚ Inventor®, Mentor Graphics®, Zuken®, and Cadence®.
- Manage and associate other product content, such as requirements, product specifications, technical publications, simulation results, production plans, software builds, engineering calculations and 3D viewables.
BUSINESS PROCESS AUTOMATION AND REPORTING
- Graphically define or extend pre-defined, workflowdriven processes to automate and manage the progress of product development tasks.