About Windchill ProjectLink
An Open PLM Collaboration Space
Using pre-built, workflow-driven project and document templates, Windchill ProjectLink helps to ensure that cross-functional processes are in accordance with prescribed standards. Windchill ProjectLink allows manufacturers to take their product development to the next level of efficiency, innovation, and quality.
Order or Request a Quote
Download Product Information
- Define scheduling and sequencing of activities and milestones
- Assign resources to tasks
- Track and report on work
- Display schedules according to timeline or gantt chart
- Folder-based storage of product content from requirements to bills of material
- Controlled Access
- Simultaneous CAD design in virtual meetings
- XML-based import and export of project information
- Standardize tasks with document and project templates
- Route objects for review and approval
- Enforce deadlines with escalation policies
- Manage online meetings and discussions
With Windchill ProjectLink, you can securely harness the talents and energy of the entire team — inside or outside your firewall. By creating a virtual workspace, Windchill ProjectLink provides instant access to the right product and project management information at the right time. This will keep the team aligned, on track and moving forward to cope with the demands of today’s global environment.
Windchill ProjectLink On Demand delivers measurable benefits such as:
- Reduced product development cycle times
- Increased quality through earlier, more frequent design reviews within the design process
- Improved on-budget, on-time project completion
- Improved customer satisfaction with frequent design participation
- Reduced travel expenses
- Role-based access to projects requires only a Web browser.
- Home page displays current work, tasks, personal notebook and subscriptions/notifications.
- Create and manage cross-functional projects on your own.
- Set up folders and add content from your desktop and invite team members by role using standard email.
- Locate and verify content faster and easier with 2D or 3D interactive thumbnails.
- Validate engineering/CAD data without requiring the original application, and easily add feedback with markups associated to iterations.
Secure Design Collaboration
- Unite the extended team with shared information views, and collaborate using ProjectLink and item-specific discussion forums and online meetings.
- Manage project plans with milestones, activities, tasks, deliverables, and resources. Jump-start processes such as Six Sigma, APQP, and NPI (PACE and Style Gate) using optional workflow-driven templates.
Project Information Management
- Manage and control access to documents, CAD models and BOMs using folders with document management, search, check-in/out and history.
Part of PTC’s Product Development System
- Windchill ProjectLink On Demand offers a seamless user experience with Pro/ENGINEER® Wildfire™ and Windchill PDMLink On Demand.
Integrated with Other PLM Applications
- Direct MCAD integration with Pro/ENGINEER, CADDS®, AutoCAD®, CATIA® V4, CATIA® V5, Unigraphics®, Autodesk Inventor®, and SolidWorks®.
- Drop-down menus within Microsoft® Office applications for search and check-in/out.
- Bi-directional interoperability with Microsoft Project.
INTEGRAL WITH WINDCHILL PDMLINK